September 07, 2010

We've reached 50!

Hello Everyone!!

I've got exciting news! My yarn pile Is growing! So far I've received 50 pounds of yarn, and it is still coming in steadily. I've got a corner of the living room devoted to "The pile" although it really  needs to find a new home.

Exciting news! The 2010 Make it With Wool contest is THIS Saturday! My outfit is almost done, and it's quite lovely. My look this year is inspired by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, with a modern twist. I have a purple fluffy mohair coat that has a structured but very smooth look. I crocheted a dress from Cherry Tree Hill's Oceania yarn, in the Earths Core colorway. The pattern was inspired by the "Sweet Tea" pattern in Doris Chan's book "Everyday Crochet." I based the top of the dress off of the shirt, and used a smaller and larger crochet hook to shape it. It is quite fitted, and looks great on me. I'm really excited to see everything put together...it's gonna look fantastic. (and it'd be really nice to win this year. I'm tired of spending a ton of time on these outfits...but it just makes me a better sewer!)

I'll update with pictures soon!
Happy Crocheting (and sewing, in my case!)
Chelsea

1 Comments, Leave a Comment:

Looking forward to seeing the pictures, Chelsea! And good luck in the judging.

Craftsy Logo
Google
 
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Blogging tips