September 26, 2009

Orchard Mitts Revealed!


Norquay-02, originally uploaded by Crochet Collection.

Hey Everyone!

The Fall 2009 issue of Interweave Crochet is out at long last, along with the third published pattern I am proud to call my own. The Orchard Mitt's were crocheted out of the gorgeous Manos del Uruguay's Silk Blend yarn in the woodland colorway. I designed these gloves last winter for my mom's Christmas gift, and they are very simple to make. The interesting stitch pattern makes the pattern appear much harder than it actually is. I hope everyone likes the pattern, and be sure to add it as a favorite on Ravelry!!

Happy Crocheting!
Chelsea

5 Comments, Leave a Comment:

Very nice meets of the autumn's color! I didn't find them on your Ravelry page though..

I can't figure out this stitch from the magazine article and I keep ripping it out. Is there any way to get more details?

I'm not the designer, and I could be wrong, but this is what I did:
Alternate a single crochet with a single-crochet deeper down than usual (spike). After the first row, the top row of stitches will look like they have a line of Xs under them, alternating between big and small Xs. The small Xs are single-crochets and the large Xs are spike-single-crochets.
The current (top) row will always do a spike-single-crochet just below the little X, and you'll alternate that with single-crochets.
Clear as mud . . . hope it helps.

Wow, I am so glad I'm not the only one having a problem. I can't even seem to get the first round crocheted without it twisting. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks. Shirley

I crocheted a pair of the mitts for my daughter. It took a bit of trial and error because I used a different type of yarn (Red Heart), and her hands are quite small. So I tried using an F hook and reducing the initial amount of stitches. She has been wearing them for most of the winter and loves them. For my younger daughter, I started from the bottom with a ribbed cuff and worked the pattern in reverse. I made them a bit longer than the original pattern called for. With the second pair, I also used Red Heart yarn and an F hook. Both pairs of mitts have worked out quite well for both of my daughters. Thank you Chelsea for a neat and practical pattern.
TLBcreations

Craftsy Logo
Google
 
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Blogging tips