Yes, you can crochet your own market bag!
This crochet market bag pattern will give you ideas for variations in your bag which will inspire you to create one-of-a-kind bags for yourself. The basic premise: to create a flat circle for the base, then extend your base upward an inch or so, and fill the rest of your bag with a mesh that will stretch with your bag's contents. It will be pulled back together at the top with handles added. There are several techniques to do this. I have experimented with many different techniques and will give you what I think works the best for me. (I'm in the process of getting this written out.)
First though, the benefits of using a crochet market bag.
- You are saving natural resources by going "green" and not adding more plastic bags to our country's landfills.
- Wide handles distribute the weight of your bag and do not cut into you hands like plastic does.
- The mesh bag sides expand with your contents.....perfect for adding a couple more items to your bag!
- Weave in the bag is small and most grocery store items will fit in this bag without falling out of the holes
- Weave in the bag allows you to fold these bags up tight and carry many along with you to the store
- Flat base allows for easier bag filling
- Flexibility.....can be used for the market, the pool or beach, your carry along crochet project, and so much more!
- Washable bags
- Unique! People will definitely notice your bags!
We will post the pattern as soon as it is finished!