It's Spring. Have you begun thinking about your gift giving ideas for Christmas this year? Perhaps you have been thinking about creating homemade gift baskets. You will want each gift basket to be unique and reflex the tastes and personality of the receiver. You may also want to consider how to keep the gift baskets affordable. Here are a few Homemade Gift Basket Themes for the yarn enthusiast and ideas how to save money making them:
- Yarn Basket -- collect several different types of yarn in a variety of textures and colors
- Needle Basket -- collect a variety of hooks and needles, stitch markers, scissors, etc.
- Pattern Basket -- collect pattern magazines, booklets, and books
- Crochet Basket -- more emphasis on crochet items
- Knitting Basket -- more emphasis on knitting items
- Everything Hats (or mittens, or scarves, or dish towels, other item) -- patterns, yarns, and items to make the specified object
- Wool Basket -- wool yarn, wool books, old wool sweaters for felting
- Felting Basket -- similar to the wool basket, but include instructions on felting
- Cotton basket -- cotton yarn and threads, doily patterns, pillowcase edgings
These are just a few ideas to get you started!
Most yarn enthusiasts enjoy a good hand lotion, mug of tea or coffee, chocolate or other sweet treats. They also watch movies or listen to music while they hand craft. These items can fill in the gaps in your theme basket.
Decide on your theme this spring and watch during the year for special clearance sales on the items that fit your theme. Many times there are close outs on cool yarns at specialty yarn stores or at craft stores. You can often find unused or like new items at thrift stores and garage sales. Baskets definitely abound at both garage sales and thrift stores. Remember, even a basket in less than perfect condition can be fixed or painted to look good as new. The bargain hunter can generally come up with a beautiful basket filled with goodies for a few dollars.
The key to good Homemade Gift Basket Themes is advanced planning and then watching for sale items to fill your basket with. You will soon have a beautiful homemade gift for a fraction of what a store would charge!
Please visit our website at Knit and Crochet Hat Patterns.